Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
KeyStep pitch difference MIDI / CV
Staff
#1
0
0
KeyStep pitch difference MIDI / CV

Hello

​

I got a wonderful KeyStep for Christmas, but already have a question about it: when I plug it into my modular, I get a super high pitch from it (it tracks the keys), whenever I use the CV outs. If I use the MIDI out and connect it to my modular via my Listing + MIDI Breakout, I get "normal" pitch levels. The Oct buttons are not blinking / in the middle.

​

Do I have to change some settings in the MIDI Control Center? Can someone maybe help me out here, please, so it tracks pitch even, no matter if I use MIDI or CV? Thx!

Edit: Solved (see below), but I think the way Disting converts Midi from the Keystep to CV is different yet again, as it goes way, way lower. The manual speaks of -5 to 5 and I assume this means if I have the Keystep set up to send C0 the disting understands it as something like -5, can someone confirm? Can I unify this somehow?

submitted by /u/christianmuseodark
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Free Emulator Brings Waldorf Wave Sound ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Polyend Intros Loop 8-Track Performance ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9