Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tips on organizing a live set?
Staff
#1
0
0
Tips on organizing a live set?

I don't have much time to make music and rarely get around to fleshing out entire tunes. One of the great benefits of live gear is that you can stretch an eight bar loop a lot further. I had the idea to take all my loops and put it in one Ableton set so I can play them all live, but I'm not sure how to organize things effectively. I've realized that some of the best "live" acts primarily play pre-recorded parts from Ableton and have a few live synths for improvising with. And I've also realized that audiences don't really know or care that you are moving a filter cutoff live. They need to see hands on keys to understand what is happening. So what I'm trying to figure out is the right balance of pre-recorded parts and live parts, and how to compile them in a way that will work within a single Ableton set (with ideally 8 tracks at most so everything is accessible from my Push without having to move around in Session view too much). I have two mono synths, a Rev 2, and a TR8S.

What would your philosophy be as far as getting a nicely organized set together?

submitted by /u/-endjamin-
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:08 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
The Modular Synthesizers Of Don Buchla
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Miltone 4EXP (Oberheim Four Voice Clone)...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Asyx Andromeda A6 Plugin Audio Demo (Sne...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
PLICATA Is A Patchable Microtonal Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Unofficial Mods For Elektron Digitakt Ad...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8