Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can anyone recommend a reverb vst that is thick, dark and has serious modulation?
Staff
#1
0
0
Can anyone recommend a reverb vst that is thick, dark and has serious modulation?

I'm looking for thick, dark reverb with over the top modulation. I'm talking nightmare from the abyss kind of reverb.

I've been messing with Valhalla Vintage Verb and Valhalla Room for months and haven't managed to get anywhere near the sound I'm going for. Even with a 100% mix and max modulation I can barely perceive the modulation. I'm tempted to try Shimmer but I'm doubtful that will satisfy either.

I've had many reverb pedals that did this out of the box (Walrus Audio, EarthQuaker Devices, etc.). But I am getting nowhere close to this sound from my current reverb vsts.

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong. Perhaps I'm using the wrong vsts. Recommendations much appreciated.

submitted by /u/impurfekt
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Analogue Solutions ship second Filtopia ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7