Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Is a Roland SP-808 worth buying these days?
Staff
#1
0
0
Is a Roland SP-808 worth buying these days?

I owned one long ago and remember it as being kind of cool, but I had to sell it pretty quickly after getting it so I didn’t really get a chance to use it very much. I see them online for pretty cheap and they have a lot more memory than things like a Korg ES-1, but I could potentially see their data storage system being an issue since that technology has been sort of phased out over time. Is it worth getting one of these in 2019 or should I just pay a little more and grab a 404?

submitted by /u/HorseAndBee
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Waves introduce Tracks Live 2.0
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
SoundBridge 3.2.0 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Kreuzberg Audio reveal Oberton
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Crow Hill Company release Children’s...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
New Forum, Elektronmods, For Unofficial ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:37 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Against the Grain: Best Granular Synths ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2