Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Sample songs are apparently up for grabs
Staff
#1
0
0
Sample songs are apparently up for grabs

Venting here.

So I wanted to do my part in documenting a while ago. I put a video on YouTube with all the pma-5 demo songs which are clearly demo songs showing the device as it plays.

I then get a copyright claim. Apparently some artist put out a song which is literally just the sample song from the device with some extra reverb. And that's copyrighted.

I don't care about monetization, I just want to document devices and give people information. I legit can't believe you can just copyright a demo song, call it your own, and all is good. So have at it.

submitted by /u/mcmiln
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Guitars for Jazz Beginners: 6 H...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7