Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Eurorack - Octatrack clock sync help
Staff
#1
0
0
Eurorack - Octatrack clock sync help

Hi all!

I'm still fairly new to the modular world, my rack so far consists of just a malekko voltage block, varigate 8+, and a basimilus iteritas alter.

I'm trying to just clock sync my octatrack with the varigate 8+ using a stereo 1/8" to 5 pin din adapter cable from the midi out of the OT into the clock of that varigate, and no luck. I understand it's probably something to do with my lack of knowledge, but I just assumed that would work, but no luck.

As a long term solution I'm just gonna get something like a intellij uMidi or yarns midi interface but wont have the funds for it for a couple weeks, so I'm just trying to find any solution right for the time being.

I also don't have a preference as to which device is actually sending the main clock also, so any temporary solution revolving between sending the clock from the varigate to OT or vice versa is fine with me.

ps: I did get SOME kind of result using the cue out of the OT to the clock of the varigate but when I hit play the varigate just goes crazy and there's no synchronization whatsoever, however it was at least able to trigger it lol. Sorry for such a novice and more than likely VERY obvious answer to a question, I would really just love to get these two clock synched in the meantime until I get a proper midi interface. Much appreciated!

submitted by /u/notvsketch69
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2