Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What’s some fun (and fairly cheap) hardware?
Staff
#1
0
0
What’s some fun (and fairly cheap) hardware?

I have started making music again, and am thinking of looking into the rabbit hole of hardware. I don’t really have any experience when it comes to electronic hardware as I am mainly a guitarist and occasional songwriter. I do like to experiment with sounds and rhythms and look for something that I can play with - and hopefully learn a little more about synths and all that jazz.

I have looked at stuff from Teenage Engineering, Critter & Guitari and Korg VOLCA. Wide scope maybe, but I think it gives you an idea of what I’m looking for; Some kind of portable gadget with more or less limited functions, that I can play around with for inspiration and idéas, and possibly use as a starting point when writing songs.

Preferably I am looking for something that can be bought used for around 50 - 200 euros!

Do you have any tips on something fun that would fit a hardware virgin?

submitted by /u/nebulosan
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Melbourne Instruments ROTO-CONTROL: 60+ ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0