Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Minimoog bass phase issue
Staff
#1
0
0
Minimoog bass phase issue

I'm producing track on 160 bpm with minimoog on arp bass (synthwave style). I'm using two osc and 2nd oscillator is slightly detuned. When bass is playing there is some phase issue which sounds like "pulsing", like he's choking himself, waveform doesn't look right too.Since minimoog doesn't have a hard sync (note sync), should I use another synth for this kind of bass/bpm? It seems like moog is the synth for legato/funk or just a way slow bass, am I right?

EDIT: Thank you guys for help! I solved my problem by turning on only one oscillator, added chorus and then processing with compressor. I got the same sound but it was consistent, more clear and pleasant, waveform also looks nice!

submitted by /u/ScarletLotvs
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19