Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
“Weird”/semi modular comparison - Strega, 0-Coast, Soft Pop 2, etc.
Staff
#1
0
0
“Weird”/semi modular comparison - Strega, 0-Coast, Soft Pop 2, etc.

I keep eyeing the above synths and contemplating a first foray into semi-modular. I started playing synths last year with an OP-Z, added a Minilogue XD and would love something that can pair well with these and also process external audio.

I also have both the Kastle 1.5 and Kastle Drum and have really fallen in love with both of those devices, as relatively “simple” as they are. I really enjoy their unpredictable nature (which at first I found frustrating but now is THE feature for me) and the challenge of trying to get something musical out of them, especially when pairing them with other gear. I’d love to find a device that gives a similar experience but provides a little more range and flexibility.

For all of the above reasons, I am seriously considering putting in an order for the Soft Pop 2, but The 0-Coast price is a little more reasonable. And then as I looked deeper, the Strega’s handling of external audio started to look really good. As an art-school grad/survivor I also love the whole ethos and aesthetic of Bastl and Make Noise and like the idea of supporting these companies!

I’d be curious to hear from anyone who uses these instruments or anything similar (in terms of function and general price range).What do you like (and dislike) about them, and how do you incorporate them in your setup? Thanks!

submitted by /u/palmfr0nd
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Guitars for Jazz Beginners: 6 H...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:07 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7