Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
LED light causing hum/interference, but only from SE-02
Staff
#1
0
0
LED light causing hum/interference, but only from SE-02

I've noticed that when I have my LED desk lamp turned on, there's interference when I try to record my SE-02 synth. However none of my other synths (DM12, Rev2, XD and UNO) have this problem, they produce a clean signal even with the LED light turned on. The noise is a "screeching" electronic type of sound, as well as a lower hum mixed in.

Since the noise goes away when I turn off the desk light, my feeling is that the core issue is the desk light itself or its PSU. It has a very cheap feeling PSU that gets rather hot. I have disconnected the light for now, and I will look for a higher quality AC/DC adapter for it (it's a nice lamp).

But could this also indicate a problem with the SE-02? Why is it affected by the desk light, but none of the other synths are?

submitted by /u/AdvancedFollower
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3