Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Written tutorial for FM with patch examples anywhere?
Staff
#1
0
0
Written tutorial for FM with patch examples anywhere?

I just got my hands on a Yamaha Reface DX and I'm already pretty smitten with how nice it sounds. My wife and I have fed it a ton of Soundmondo patches, but I'd like to be able to cook my own sounds eventually. Up to this point, I have primarily used subtractive synthesis on stuff like a Reface CS, Microbrute or Minilogue XD and watched a few tutorials on FM on YT. Since my eyesight is pretty bad, trying to replicate what happens on screen only works to a certain extent. I'd rather have something in text form, like a set of lessons explaining concepts and tasking me to put them into practice, for example "use feedback and algorithms to create a detuned super saw lead".

Anyone know of such a resource? Doesn't have to be tailored to the Reface DX and doesn't need to be free either.

submitted by /u/BFBeast666
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2