Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best synths and grooveboxes for kickdrums?
Staff
#1
0
0
Best synths and grooveboxes for kickdrums?

I'm considering something for synthesising kicks. Main consideration is that the kicks have a lot of punch and thwack. Looking to use it for techno so needs to be powerful and really cut through the mix. Doesn't have to be analog in fact digital might be better for patch recall. Ideally I want it to do more than that and have more versatility than just kicks, which rules out something like the mbase by jomox. so I'm looking for either a full drum machine or synthesiser. Currently I'm looking at model cycles and the rd9. I've considered the volca drum but I can't really see many people using it how I want to. I think as an fm percussion unit the cycles has more potential. The cycles is around the top of my budget at 250 quid. What else should I consider?

submitted by /u/synthsmademebroke
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7