Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Can someone explain what multiple oscillators enables for a sound?
Staff
#1
0
0
Can someone explain what multiple oscillators enables for a sound?

I've been admiring analog synths like the minimoog for years but only could cough up the money to buy digital synthesizers like the MicroKorg XL, and I didn't even mess with the analog modeling settings because I didn't understand them.

I decided to finally start at level 1, so I bought an Arturia MicroBrute which has one oscillator, and a great beginner-friendly manual. Since I'm starting from very minimal knowledge I think it's a great launching point for me. But I was wondering, what could I do that I can't now if I bought a more expensive option with multiple oscillators? The single oscillator on the microbrute allows you to select whatever proportions you like of triangle, square and sawtooth, so I'm wondering what the benefit would be of having separate oscillators. I know this is probably a super basic question, but most of the information I've seen about it doesn't seem to give many details.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/BENWILEY4000
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Modular Synthesizers Of Don Buchla
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Miltone 4EXP (Oberheim Four Voice Clone)...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Asyx Andromeda A6 Plugin Audio Demo (Sne...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
PLICATA Is A Patchable Microtonal Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Unofficial Mods For Elektron Digitakt Ad...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2