Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Does Digitakt makes sense as first hardware after years working ITB?
Staff
#1
0
0
Does Digitakt makes sense as first hardware after years working ITB?

I don't have any external synthesizers aside from VSTs in Ableton. I have been eyeing the Digitakt for a while and I believe its beat-making abilities can breathe a new life into my workflow.

However, I also read that, without using its sequencing abilities on external gear, I wouldn't be making full use of what it has to offer. This would be my first attempt to get a little bit out of the box, so I am kinda hesitant if Digitakt will turn out to be another DAW filled inside an external box. Given that I also have less and less time due to my job, I just want to keep things going during the weekends without hours of menu diving and tweaking. Note that I am doing mostly ambient/techno/experimental stuff. I just want to get out of the damn Piano Roll for beat making.

I also couldn't understand (noob alert) if I will be able to sequence my VSTs (say a preset inside Surge or Serum) via the 8 MIDI sequencers of Digitakt. I would appreciate any feedback on this from DT users.

So all in all, from a DT+Ableton combo, I believe I would be able to:

  1. Use Overbridge and record 8 tracks simultaneously to process them later ITB (via MIDI over USB)
  2. I can import my own samples and use them to further chop/edit/slice sounds
  3. When I buy my first hardware synth, I wouldn't feel the need to buy another sequencer like Beatstep or Keystep PRO.

Is there anything else I am missing? I have loads of drum racks, macros, probability racks I can use for sample processing. So if I will be scrolling for samples for hours, assign them to a track and change its parameters, I can also do that in Ableton's sampler, much faster on top of that.

My final questions therefore are, what can Digitakt provide for people working in the box without any external gear? In what regard does it shine as a drum machine? Does $800 price tag make sense in this setting? Any other advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

submitted by /u/spectrumofanyhting
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0