Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Are there any good modern approximations of the 80s Roland chorus in Junos & JX8P ?
Staff
#1
0
0
Are there any good modern approximations of the 80s Roland chorus in Junos & JX8P ?

The jx8p gets a lot of flack, but I love mine, and I think a large part of why is the chorus. I've never played on any of the classic 80s Rolands, but I assume they have the same or highly similar chorus.

I know TAL has a software emulation, which sounds good, but not magical. To me, the chorus in the jx8p takes the kinda thin and muddy sounding oscillators and infuses so much richness and complexity. It's not only the warm stereo smudge I associate with chorus, it also gives so much body. Less smudge and more like a cascading river.

I would love to have an effect box capable of that to use with my moderns synths, like my minilogue XD and prophet rev2, whose digital choruses I've never gotten to sound as good.

In the sea of chorus pedals and plugins out there, has anyone any tips on chorus pedals that sound similar to the Roland 80s chorus?

Sometimes I wonder if I could pay someone to slay my jx8p and only extract the chorus, modding it with input and outputs in a box

submitted by /u/_j__t_
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:08 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:08 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0