Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trouble Playing Along With the Moog Subharmonicon
Staff
#1
0
0
Trouble Playing Along With the Moog Subharmonicon

I'm really enjoying the Subharmonicon but I'm also a little stuck when it comes to playing along with it using other gear.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm finding it really difficult to play in key with the SubH due to its seemingly random behavior.

For example, say I want to improv some stuff in D minor. I generally start by tuning the SubH to one of the chords in D min. Generally the I, III V it IV of the scale. Then I'll set up my sequence and polyrhythms. Hit play and it sounds great.

But then if I bring another instrument (like a Matriarch or Minilogue XD) and play in D min, it all sounds generally out of key and just, well shit.

I think my first incorrect assumption is that adjusting the sequence knobs on the SubH constrained the results or maintained a relationship with the 6 oscillators so they would stay in relative key. But I now see that that is not the case.

Anyone else running into this kind of challenge or have any suggestions on improving my workflow?

submitted by /u/Numbre002
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:08 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
The Modular Synthesizers Of Don Buchla
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Miltone 4EXP (Oberheim Four Voice Clone)...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Asyx Andromeda A6 Plugin Audio Demo (Sne...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
PLICATA Is A Patchable Microtonal Synth ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Unofficial Mods For Elektron Digitakt Ad...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8