Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Fix for MS-20 mini modulation generator?
Staff
#1
0
0
Fix for MS-20 mini modulation generator?

First post here, so hello everyone!

I recently discovered the modulation generator on my 6 year-old Korg MS-20 mini is faulty. Specifically, the knobs labeled "MG/T.EXT" do nothing. The MG light flashes, I can control the rate, but there is no audible difference when I turn any of those three knobs. I took my synth into the only certified Korg tech in my area and he said there's something wrong with the MG board, the rest of the instrument is in perfect condition, and a replacement board costs a whopping $600

This brings me to why I'm writing here. Since the MG is an LFO, do any of you have some advice on where I can patch in a stand-alone LFO (I'm currently looking at the Hungry Robot Clockable LFO) to get similar functionality to the one I had? I also have a Monotron Duo and Delay; can I use either as an LFO?

I used to have a much better understanding of modular synthesis, but I had to take a step back from music for a while and forgot a lot of what I learned, so any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TL;DR: advice for patching separate LFO into MS-20 mini to replace faulty modulation generator

submitted by /u/SemiModularNovice
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Mastering The Mix CARBON Q: A Connected ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Baby Audio HyperWarp: Create Glitched-Up...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Mixing on Headphones: Does It Actually M...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Against the Grain: Best Granular Synths ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:35 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:08 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
The Modular Synthesizers Of Don Buchla
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Miltone 4EXP (Oberheim Four Voice Clone)...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7