Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Question about your workflow
Staff
#1
0
0
Question about your workflow

Hello hivemind!

I've somewhat recently gotten into synthesizers. Been playing around a bit with software synths for a while but bought a DSI Mopho x4 and a Waldorf Blofeld at a closeout sale about a year ago. I definitely get good sounds out of them even if I'm at a pretty basic level.

I'm really a guitarist and have been playing in bands for well over 10 years. Geeking in pedals/amps and so on. Kinda 70s rock oriented overall. Tone geek definitely.

When trying to work the synths into songs and writing I kinda get stuck and usually end up just playing around. I can find arpeggiated synths and sequences really cool but haven't really been able to cross that line and get it into my songs.

Question to you guys coming more from the synth as the starting point (or people similar to me). What is usually your work flow like? How do you start writing a song and how would you describe your process?

submitted by /u/sliskenswe
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Waves introduce Tracks Live 2.0
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
SoundBridge 3.2.0 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Kreuzberg Audio reveal Oberton
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Scanner:Library VST Instrument : Sonicco...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Jacob Collier's Wiggly World of Music : ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:21 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1