Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Roland Cloud Help Please
Staff
#1
0
0
Roland Cloud Help Please

I'm sending and SOS out to you kind folks to please lend me some advice before I drain my savings to upgrade my computer in order to run the Roland Cloud.

Those of you who have tried it know it sounds gorgeous but that it eats CPU processing power for breakfast. However, I'm not sure how many more tracks I can expect to run if I upgrade my computer.

Currently I can only run 3 separate tracks of the Jupiter 8 or Juno 106. If I try to load a 4th then it overloads the CPU and becomes unusable.

I run it using Logic on a power mac G5, 6-core 3.33 GHz Xeon Intel, with 12 GB on RAM.

Will adding more RAM significantly help me? My computer can hold up to 48 mb. Or do I really need more processing power? And if I upgrade, what amount of processing power should I expect to translate into how many tracks of the Jupiter 8 or Juno 106?

I'd really really really appreciate any advice from those who know the cloud and/or those who know computers. I really don't want to drop thousands of dollars only to have bought 2-3 more tracks.

Even if you tell me the specs of your machine and tell me how many tracks you can run simultaneously with it that would be super-helpful too.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/ieathairpussy
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Waves introduce Tracks Live 2.0
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Guitar Journal: Dumble is back with 3 am...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Cherry Audio Pentaphonic – The Power of ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3