Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Dipping my toes via West Pest and have a couple of gate questions
Staff
#1
0
0
Dipping my toes via West Pest and have a couple of gate questions

I have a West Pest on the way, which I'm intending to sequence with my Squarp Hapax which has CV & Gate outs. Maybe the excitement has got to me, but I can't quite get my head around gates. Is a gate a simple timed on/off? As in can a gate convey what would be velocity in the midi world? Can a gate be enveloped? As in if I assign an LFO or envelope to a CV out and route it to a VCA/LPG can I get the audio signal to rise with a slower attack? I think both questions are related, and gate response might actually depend on whatever modules I end up trading my kidneys for, but can't understand it yet.

submitted by /u/anothermeatsuit
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Audacity 4 Brings New Tools, New Look To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Cassettone, “The Poor Man’s Mellotron”, ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Free Mods Bring New Features To Akai MPC...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Fluxophone Turns Anything Into a Haunted...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
North American Electronic Sound Expo (NA...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2