Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
You can have any color so long as it's Silver or Black! (Rant To Follow)
Staff
#1
0
0
You can have any color so long as it's Silver or Black! (Rant To Follow)

Begin Rant >

Am I the only one who wants a little bit of bling and color in their rack?

Even guitar players get all these colorful pedals to mess around with; meanwhile my rack case looks like a lame attempt at looking like 1950's ham radio gear.

C'mon, it isn't even the 80's anymore and gear can be pretty.

I actually bought some DreadBox modules solely because they aren't Silver or Black. I'm out of space in my rack, but I may consolidate some of my older stuff into smaller modules just so I can put the Pink DreadBox module, which I do not actually need, in my rack and not even use it!

Hello manufacturers, some people (me) will choose DreadBox over your brand just because they want some colorful modules.

It goes like this:

Me looking for a filter, "Gee that looks like a good filt... Oh, this DreadBox one is a filter and a mixer and it's blue - SOLD!"

or...

Me looking for a VCO. "Golly, so many VCOs to choose from how can I decide what is good? Hey, That one is a pretty shade of turquoise - Sold!"

Having different colors actually helps when playing. I never forget where my Wasp Filter is - It's Black and YELLOW!

I may attack all my modules with Day Glow paint just to make them stop being so ugly.

<End Rant

FYI - Eudemonia and Hysteria are awesome modules for the price - And they Aren't Freaking Silver Or Black!

submitted by /u/SecretsofBlackmoor
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0