Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
“Weird”/semi modular comparison - Strega, 0-Coast, Soft Pop 2, etc.
Staff
#1
0
0
“Weird”/semi modular comparison - Strega, 0-Coast, Soft Pop 2, etc.

I keep eyeing the above synths and contemplating a first foray into semi-modular. I started playing synths last year with an OP-Z, added a Minilogue XD and would love something that can pair well with these and also process external audio.

I also have both the Kastle 1.5 and Kastle Drum and have really fallen in love with both of those devices, as relatively “simple” as they are. I really enjoy their unpredictable nature (which at first I found frustrating but now is THE feature for me) and the challenge of trying to get something musical out of them, especially when pairing them with other gear. I’d love to find a device that gives a similar experience but provides a little more range and flexibility.

For all of the above reasons, I am seriously considering putting in an order for the Soft Pop 2, but The 0-Coast price is a little more reasonable. And then as I looked deeper, the Strega’s handling of external audio started to look really good. As an art-school grad/survivor I also love the whole ethos and aesthetic of Bastl and Make Noise and like the idea of supporting these companies!

I’d be curious to hear from anyone who uses these instruments or anything similar (in terms of function and general price range).What do you like (and dislike) about them, and how do you incorporate them in your setup? Thanks!

submitted by /u/palmfr0nd
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8