Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MIDI Controller connection questions
Staff
#1
0
0
MIDI Controller connection questions

Hi everyone,

I've been watching this sub for a week or two, and I'm trying to figure something out. For reference, I have an Alesis Q49 Mk II controller for playing my software synths on my PC and playing into my DAW. It has a single USB port as an output, no 5-pin MIDI ports.

As I look into hardware synths (as if my finances weren't already hurting), I am curious about whether I could use this USB controller with anything, whether there is a converter that can connect to a 5-pin port, or if I would need to upgrade to something like an Arturia or Novation controller. The dream is to invest in "desktop" synths, since I already have a set of keys that I could swap between multiple units.

I have the same question regarding my Presonus Atom SQ. A neat DAW/MIDI controller with knobs and stuff, but no 5-pin MIDI ports. I'm reluctant to upgrade my keyboard controller to something with a lot of buttons etc. since this one theoretically let's me tweak some stuff already. (although I guess I wouldn't need that for hardware synths)

Thanks from a noob.

submitted by /u/yeknom02
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Melbourne Instruments ROTO-CONTROL: 60+ ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6