Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Worth it integrating an Eventide H9 Max (and other external units)?
Staff
#1
0
0
Worth it integrating an Eventide H9 Max (and other external units)?

I'm going to dive in to modular head first in the coming weeks, and was wondering to what extent you integrate other things like pedals into your setup. Any pitfalls I should be aware of?

I'm eyeing a used H9 Max, not specifically for this (I have a lot of pedals in general, am a guitarist), but it seems nice to have an effects chain I can insert different places in the modular system (especially the H9, but I'm also looking at things like external samplers – the 1010music Blackbox, for instance, even though it annoyingly seems to be kind of made specifically for modular, but also not, being that it isn't really a pedal, but isn't really a module either.)

I was thinking about putting in some Malekko SND/RTN modules (or similar, basically just to get line level) to get the H9 in there (and maybe set up a small pedal board with a handful of effects). Does this sound like a reasonable plan?

Also, I'm pretty inspired by people who use samples in their modular work, is the 1010music Blackbox overkill? I have a lot of tape machines laying around (not battery powered, sadly) that could work, I guess, but it's probably a bit limited?

submitted by /u/boringestnickname
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Free Emulator Brings Waldorf Wave Sound ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Polyend Intros Loop 8-Track Performance ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9