Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Ordered my first midi controllers!
Staff
#1
0
0
Ordered my first midi controllers!

I have a Samson Graphite 49 and a QuNeo on the way. I'm still fairly new to composing/producing and am experimenting with different genres. The DAWs I'm using include Acid Pro, Reaper, Sound Forge Pro, LMMS and Ardour (Windows 10 laptop, Linux desktop and an iConnectivity Audio 4+ that they both talk to). I picked up the Magix DAWs from the recent Humble Bundle and started evaluating Reaper yesterday. I'm inclined to use Reaper for most things and Rewire Acid for loops if I prefer it to working with loops in Reaper,

The synths I plan to use are Surge, Pianoteq and soundfonts. I'm also fairly new to synthesis - are there any recommended resources to learn about synthesis from? (I do plan to reread the archived Sound on Sound series.) My budget is now depleted but I may invest in Serum later. I'll have zynaddsubfx on the Linux machine and also plan on dabbling with csound for a microtonal idea. Musescore is my preferred notation editor.

Mostly I'm excited to have knobs and faders on the way but am hoping to receive advice on things to think of while I take the next step on my musical journey.

submitted by /u/mekosmowski
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
ADAM Audio Sub10 PRO and Sub8 PRO: 2 New...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Teenage Engineering Wants to Stop Making...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2