Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mixer USB feedback question
Staff
#1
0
0
Mixer USB feedback question

I just got a mixer with USB: Yamaha MG10XU.

I plugged 3 synths and a drum machine into it and connected it to my amp (using stereo out) and that works great.

Then I plugged in my laptop to the mixer using USB and played a YouTube video and the sound routed through the mixer and came out the amp. So that was good.

Then I opened my DAW (Tracktion Waveform) and set the input and outputs to the mixer. I then played a riff on my synth and the DAW picked it up, so I recorded a little song to Waveform. So far so good.

But, when I played the song back, it was very glitchy and kept cutting in and out. At first I thought I had a bad USB cable or a bad USB component in the mixer.

After trying a lot of things including clicking every combination of buttons on the mixer I finally found that the solution was to:

A) turn off the DAW output when recording

And

B) turn off the DAW input during playback

This works great and solves the problem, but is super annoying as I have to go into settings constantly to switch the inputs and outputs back and forth.

Is this normal with mixers and DAWs? Is there a better solution?

I am thinking of routing the laptop headphone jack directly to the amp (bypassing the mixer) so I can set the DAW to input = mixer and output = headphone jack.

What’s the best solution?

submitted by /u/Ambitious_Clue_3201
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Crow Hill Company release Children’s...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Neumann launch the KK 104 A & KK 105 A
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
LW6 wireless headphones from Lewitt Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Avalanche Tones introduce Noise Suite
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Apple Mac Studio with M5 Max: First Impr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
SoundGhost release Orbit
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
iDrumTune from RT60
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:06 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Chip Sound of the 1990s with Hardware in...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Mix Bus Plugins: Processors for Channel ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2