Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
LED light causing hum/interference, but only from SE-02
Staff
#1
0
0
LED light causing hum/interference, but only from SE-02

I've noticed that when I have my LED desk lamp turned on, there's interference when I try to record my SE-02 synth. However none of my other synths (DM12, Rev2, XD and UNO) have this problem, they produce a clean signal even with the LED light turned on. The noise is a "screeching" electronic type of sound, as well as a lower hum mixed in.

Since the noise goes away when I turn off the desk light, my feeling is that the core issue is the desk light itself or its PSU. It has a very cheap feeling PSU that gets rather hot. I have disconnected the light for now, and I will look for a higher quality AC/DC adapter for it (it's a nice lamp).

But could this also indicate a problem with the SE-02? Why is it affected by the desk light, but none of the other synths are?

submitted by /u/AdvancedFollower
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
MPC2000 Mods by vubeatz: Unlocking Hidde...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Overtonium, Ultiverb, ENS-86: Free Plugi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10