Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best synths and grooveboxes for kickdrums?
Staff
#1
0
0
Best synths and grooveboxes for kickdrums?

I'm considering something for synthesising kicks. Main consideration is that the kicks have a lot of punch and thwack. Looking to use it for techno so needs to be powerful and really cut through the mix. Doesn't have to be analog in fact digital might be better for patch recall. Ideally I want it to do more than that and have more versatility than just kicks, which rules out something like the mbase by jomox. so I'm looking for either a full drum machine or synthesiser. Currently I'm looking at model cycles and the rd9. I've considered the volca drum but I can't really see many people using it how I want to. I think as an fm percussion unit the cycles has more potential. The cycles is around the top of my budget at 250 quid. What else should I consider?

submitted by /u/synthsmademebroke
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:01 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:01 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1