Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Trying to fix my Casio SK-1
Staff
#1
0
0
Trying to fix my Casio SK-1

Today I plugged a 12v cord into my keyboard instead of the 7.5v it's supposed to use.

I had thought it used a 12v until it wouldn't turn on and I smelled burnt/hot plastic/electronics.

I'm not sure what's been killed on it. I've took it apart and just from looking at it I cant see any burned capacitors or transistors. It will turn on (with the correct cord) after a few tries but it seems none of the buttons work. It makes weird noises out of the speaker/headphones when it's on but I dont know what's causing it.

I suspect it's either one of the chips or one of these capacitors cause they seems to be the sources of the smell. Tried using a multimeter on it but it wont work so I cant check it right now, just trying to figure out what might've died. Also have looked at the service manual for this but without the multimeter I cant do much with it.

I hope I can fix this but I'm afraid it's dead. Found it for $10 and I really dont want to buy another one for the prices it's going for now since I only mess around with it here and there.

Just posting here to see if anyone else has had the same problem and knows how to fix it (if it can be) before I spend hours trying to figure it out.

Thanks

submitted by /u/firstaidssd
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
MPC2000 Mods by vubeatz: Unlocking Hidde...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Overtonium, Ultiverb, ENS-86: Free Plugi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 12:36 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10