Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Elektron Digitakt w/Digitone or MPC X/Live w/Digitone for sampling and song creation?
Staff
#1
0
0
Elektron Digitakt w/Digitone or MPC X/Live w/Digitone for sampling and song creation?

Greetings! I’m new to the Digitakt and Digitone but also have an MPC X. I understand that if you are creating music for commercials, TV, and overall songs, you may eventually need to use a DAW to mix it all and export to a client. Here’s my inexperience in the field:

Is it smarter (and keeping everything as minimal and productive as possible) to use the amazing customizable samples (and sequencer) of Digitakt and creative synths with Digitone or just eliminate Digitakt and work with the MPC X for the full sampling and marry it with the Digitone? I admit that I don’t know about all of the Elektron family products enough to fully cross over but I have no problem doing so. Change is good and I love digging in for more control and variety of my creations. I enjoy sampling directly into the device to include sounds from a synth.

Also, pitch shifting and time stretch in Logic has been amazing in the past. I really just no longer have interest in relying on a computer screen to create and portability/minimalist tools are what I’m after. Elektron seems to have something for everyone.

I have a sense that I’m missing something important here to make an informed decision. It’s best to ask for help. Thank you for any experienced suggestions.

submitted by /u/ZenLandscape
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Polarity-MEQ, GRNi Lite, Lega Effect: Fr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:16 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 17
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
10-09-2026 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15