Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
KeyStep pitch difference MIDI / CV
Staff
#1
0
0
KeyStep pitch difference MIDI / CV

Hello

​

I got a wonderful KeyStep for Christmas, but already have a question about it: when I plug it into my modular, I get a super high pitch from it (it tracks the keys), whenever I use the CV outs. If I use the MIDI out and connect it to my modular via my Listing + MIDI Breakout, I get "normal" pitch levels. The Oct buttons are not blinking / in the middle.

​

Do I have to change some settings in the MIDI Control Center? Can someone maybe help me out here, please, so it tracks pitch even, no matter if I use MIDI or CV? Thx!

Edit: Solved (see below), but I think the way Disting converts Midi from the Keystep to CV is different yet again, as it goes way, way lower. The manual speaks of -5 to 5 and I assume this means if I have the Keystep set up to send C0 the disting understands it as something like -5, can someone confirm? Can I unify this somehow?

submitted by /u/christianmuseodark
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Focusrite, Novation, and ADAM Audio: Stu...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Chip Sound of the 1990s with Hardware in...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 05:22 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0