Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Percussion track process?
Staff
#1
0
0
Percussion track process?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>When I was much younger I could spend all day tweaking drum patterns on an HR-16 but nowadays I have a combination of responsibilities and short attention span that makes it hard to give it that much time. I think the Digitakt compounds the problem because it’s so deep that I get choice paralysis - do I tweak the tuning on this voice, do I put a filter on it, do I download another couple hundred samples to try out? </p> <p>I’ve always been kind of philosophically opposed to just using loops but at this point it might be the smart thing to do.</p> <p>Does anyone have any workflow tricks for percussion tracks they want to share? Any recommendations for a drum machine that’s super fast and flowy to work with? </p> <p>I’m mainly doing soundscapey &amp; dark ambient stuff, so not mainly looking for conventional beats, but I want to add some rhythmic texture bits. Touchstones: Scorn, Robert Rich, Rapoon, Micronaut.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/MrBorogove"> /u/MrBorogove </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/ddijxr/percussion_track_process/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/ddijxr/percussion_track_process/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Percussion track process? - by SynthWizard - 10-05-2019, 02:54 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Bass++ Mods
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4