Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Using Retrokits RK-008 with a the Roland TR-6S
Staff
#1
0
0
Using Retrokits RK-008 with a the Roland TR-6S

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I'm currently transitioning the brains of my DAW-less setup from a Novation Circuit Tracks to a Retrokits RK-008 (modern implementation of the Alesis MMT-8). I manly use a Novation Launchpad MK3 as a MIDI controller. This setup includes 3 hardware synths, a sampler, and a Roland TR-6S </p> <p>&#x200B;</p> <p>I tend to take different approaches to sequencing depending on which part I'm recording. I like to program kick drums, snares and high hats with XOX style step sequencers, but occasionally improvise by tapping in beats real time. For pads and bass I usually use the Circuit style sequencer on the Launchpad to set a starting point and gate length. Then I record the sequence into the RK-008. I tend to record leads in real time, either using the Launchpad or a keyboard controller.</p> <p>&#x200B;</p> <p>I have a few MIDI merge and splitter devices, and have started to draw out the routing. I thought that I had a solid plan, until thinking about the TR-6S's MIDI implementation. From what I've read. motion sequencing of knobs is only possible when using the internal sequencer. From my understanding it wouldn't transmit knob MIDI CCs to the RK-008. That would limit me to using the TR-8S sequencer for drums, with a synced clock. Chaining patterns works a little differently between the RK-008 and TR-6S, and I feel that adding an additional sequencer would defeat the purpose of a centralized 'brain' sequencer.</p> <p>&#x200B;</p> <p>Does anyone have any recommendations for integrating the TR-6S into a setup like this? It sounds like I'm either limited to using the RK-008 to sequence drums without motion sequencing, or using the TR-6S's internal sequencer with clock sync.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/SID-VIC"> /u/SID-VIC </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/10oamto/using_retrokits_rk008_with_a_the_roland_tr6s/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/10oamto/using_retrokits_rk008_with_a_the_roland_tr6s/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Using Retrokits RK-008 with a the Roland TR-6S - by SynthWizard - 01-29-2023, 06:28 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:47 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
VirtualDJ 2026: New AI Updates Bring Sho...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:19 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Waves introduce Tracks Live 2.0
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:19 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1