Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How much music theory do you know? (how much do you think you need to know?)
Staff
#1
0
0
How much music theory do you know? (how much do you think you need to know?)

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I know this has been posted before, but I wanted to ask again and be a part of the discussion.</p> <p>I know a fair amount of music theory. I studied it at the college level, have played jazz and orchestral pieces on violin/trombone/piano with various groups. Composed a significant amount of music on a variety of styles. Blah blah blah...</p> <p>There was a point in my life where I thought that the more I would learn, the better I would get. Considering most music relies on very simple progressions and rudimentary theory - for the past decade or so, Ive been trying to unlearn everything. My solos are too complicated. My compositions are needlessly complex. </p> <p>Has anyone had this experience? How much music theory should artists study? Any thoughts about how learning theory has impacted your playing or composing - good or bad?</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/braintree56"> /u/braintree56 </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/zk3594/how_much_music_theory_do_you_know_how_much_do_you/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/zk3594/how_much_music_theory_do_you_know_how_much_do_you/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
How much music theory do you know? (how much do you think you need to know?) - by SynthWizard - 12-12-2022, 12:25 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Waves introduce Tracks Live 2.0
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
SoundBridge 3.2.0 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Kreuzberg Audio reveal Oberton
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Crow Hill Company release Children’s...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Neumann launch the KK 104 A & KK 105 A
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
LW6 wireless headphones from Lewitt Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Avalanche Tones introduce Noise Suite
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Apple Mac Studio with M5 Max: First Impr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4