Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to transpose a V/oct signal down an octave? Is it as simple as attenuation?
Staff
#1
0
0
How to transpose a V/oct signal down an octave? Is it as simple as attenuation?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Probably a simple answer here. Epic thread incoming. </p> <p>I know I could pass the audio signal through a clock divider but that’s not what I’m looking for. I want to transpose the V/oct before it goes into the oscillator. Using the oscillator tuning isn’t an option either.</p> <p>I guess I want to just subtract an octave, so an attenuator isn’t all I need, right?</p> <p>Does a multifunction module like Disting or O_C (or Hemispheres?) do this to exactly an octave without tuning by ear?</p> <p>Beginner question but I ain’t a newbie.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/Earhacker"> /u/Earhacker </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/wbwfh7/how_to_transpose_a_voct_signal_down_an_octave_is/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/wbwfh7/how_to_transpose_a_voct_signal_down_an_octave_is/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
How to transpose a V/oct signal down an octave? Is it as simple as attenuation? - by SynthWizard - 07-31-2022, 01:40 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13