Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Connecting other DC devices to Eurorack power?
Staff
#1
0
0
Connecting other DC devices to Eurorack power?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hi, I have a few things I'd like to try connecting to my Euro power bus, if it won't cause any noise or power consumption issues or damage any components modules.</p> <p>Say I have an LCD screen that is powered by DC 12V; the AC adapter says the DC barrel plug is Inner/tip +; Outer/sleeve -. When I test the plug w/ a multimeter i get +12 V with the + lead on the tip, - lead on the sleeve. </p> <p>If I understand the euro power specs correctly, each module gets +12 and -12 V via two different pins in the ribbon cable; so that's a 24V total? Or am I thinking about this wrong? </p> <p>Could I then plug the LCD screen in with a hacked wire to connect to +12 and Ground? Or would I need to connect a device that expects +/- 12 (24v). </p> <p>May be an easy question, but I know very little about power or circuit design, just trying to hack it out.</p> <p>Similar, if i had a 12V or 5 V LED strip, would I need to connect just positive V and ground, or would the euro power bus expect a plus-minus power draw?</p> <p>&#x200B;</p> <p>thanks!</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/used_pets"> /u/used_pets </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/qng5e2/connecting_other_dc_devices_to_eurorack_power/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/qng5e2/connecting_other_dc_devices_to_eurorack_power/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Connecting other DC devices to Eurorack power? - by SynthWizard - 11-06-2021, 01:12 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Overtonium Is A Free, Open-Source Additi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Woovebox Packs A Synth, Sampler And Sequ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Free Emulator Brings Waldorf Wave Sound ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Polyend Intros Loop 8-Track Performance ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Shear Electronics Reliq Meets Anthony Ma...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:42 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9