Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
System 8 or Deepmind 12?
Staff
#1
0
0
System 8 or Deepmind 12?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hi all,</p> <p>I have the opportunity to grab a system 8 for $900. I currently have a Deepmind 12 and I think it’s pretty decent; I was new to the synths and it really made learning about synthesis easy. However, I’m really interested in vintage Roland sounds and hence my interest in the System 8. I know you can achieve the Juno sound through the Deepmind and I definitely have, but something about it isn’t quite as satisfying as the System 8 videos I’ve seen—maybe it’s the filter? I can’t quite explain it. Also, the Deepmind offers so many different types of sounds that I don’t really see myself using...I’m mainly interested in lush vintage pads for indie pop or psych pop music. </p> <p>My perceived pros of Deepmind: -more voices, more effect/ mod options, two LFO’s, aftertouch</p> <p>My perceived pros of System 8: -great filter, tons of oscillator possibilities, super accurate Juno and Jupiter sounds</p> <p>What do you think? Should I pull the trigger and sell the Deepmind, or hang onto it?</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/ElmosWorld1243"> /u/ElmosWorld1243 </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/ozlcoc/system_8_or_deepmind_12/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/ozlcoc/system_8_or_deepmind_12/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
System 8 or Deepmind 12? - by SynthWizard - 08-07-2021, 09:23 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Impressive Deals From 3 Big Brands: Artu...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
5 of the Best Samplers with Analog Filte...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:03 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6