Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Alternatives to Korg DW-8000
Staff
#1
0
0
Alternatives to Korg DW-8000

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Howdy folks,</p> <p>I’m looking for my first synth. I don’t have a good MIDI controller either (just a battered old 25 key Midiman), so if I could get a decent keybed that’s a big plus.</p> <p>I mostly want a synth for pads. Decent bells, plucky stuff would be nice bonus.</p> <p>The demos I hear on YT of the Korg DW-8000 is pretty much exactly what I’m looking for. The tone is perfect for what I want to do - rich and warm. </p> <p>But... I appear to be a few years too late in discovering this one, and I have a hard time paying $500+ for a 35 year old synth and I worry about the longevity of it. I don’t mind buying older used gear but it doesn’t seem like a very durable build. </p> <p>What else is out there like it that I should look for? I’m having a hard time narrowing down the field.</p> <p>The Kawai K3 looks interesting but again it’s old, and I’m not sure about longevity.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/marmalade_cream"> /u/marmalade_cream </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/npj5oq/alternatives_to_korg_dw8000/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/npj5oq/alternatives_to_korg_dw8000/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Alternatives to Korg DW-8000 - by SynthWizard - 05-31-2021, 10:26 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0