Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Should I get better on ableton before buying hardware ?
Staff
#1
0
0
Should I get better on ableton before buying hardware ?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hello there !</p> <p>Musician for 10 years now, and when I was studying I made some music on my computer.<br/> It was neither bad nor good, I'd say above average of what beginners usually do. I stopped because I really don't like spending time on my computer. And making music on the computer is not really fun.</p> <p>So about a month ago I wanted to get back on producing electronic music but wanted to avoid the computer. </p> <p>I'd like to have fun producing house, hard techno and ambient music.</p> <p>So after a lot of research I bought an Octatrack, aware that it's a lot to learn but I don't mind.</p> <p>It's been about a month working on it everyday and I kind of feel that I made the wrong choice. I'm quite often stuck in the loop, and feel frustrated. It feels weird working only with samples, I miss tweaking synths (I did that a lot on vst's)<br/> I end up using it like a big digitakt, and I feel like I'm under-using it because I have no other gear to sequence, mix, process etc...</p> <p>&#x200B;</p> <p>What would you do ? Should I get better on ableton so I develop my creativity ? Or should I buy something else (like digitakt + digitone or else) ?</p> <p>&#x200B;</p> <p>Cheers</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/dadboule"> /u/dadboule </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/mmz9l6/should_i_get_better_on_ableton_before_buying/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/mmz9l6/should_i_get_better_on_ableton_before_buying/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Should I get better on ableton before buying hardware ? - by SynthWizard - 04-09-2021, 03:13 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Ambient Machines: 5 Synths and Devices f...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Trilling Synth DARP - Dreamy Dual Arpegg...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:55 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 16
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 22