Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seeking recommendations on audio gear for electronic/synth-oriented home musicians.
Staff
seeking recommendations on audio gear for electronic/synth-oriented home musicians.

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>So, looking for some general recommendations ....</p> <p>Having recently reoriented myself towards analog to a degree, I recently created a mini-studio of sorts for myself. It consists of a Moog DFAM / Subharmonicon &quot;double threat,&quot; a couple of custom made step sequencers and clock triggers, a couple small analog noise/sound modules with CV in/out, and a Yamaha MG 10XU mixer, feeding everything into my PC where of course my DAW and whatnot resides.</p> <p>I chose the Yamaha mixer bc I like Yamaha and bc the USB can handle up to 24-bit/192kHz audio depth, where many are limited to 16-bit/48kHz. But one thing that annoys me about it is the slew of microphone oriented XLR channels. Four of them with ONLY XLR inputs. I have exactly 1 XLR cable and almost never use microphones, so it's like four channels are currently wasted. I suppose I can get converter cables, but I'm drowning in cables, and tired of having to buy more. Browsing for other mixers, I noticed this first-four-channels-as-XLR seems to be a pretty standard design. <strong><em>(Why is that, exactly?)</em></strong> Anyway, can anyone recommend other decent but not exorbitantly priced mixers that have high audio depth USB but accept more than just XLR on the first four channels?</p> <p>I'm also interested in recommendations for <strong><em>FX pedals that you really like for synth</em></strong>.</p> <p>Been looking thru a lot of Electro-Harmonix, there's so many. I have a clock trigger coming from them, but when it comes to choosing some FX pedals -- esp bc I can only afford one or two right now, tops -- I have a hard time. I know this is very individual to what one wants to do, but I'm just curious about some pedals that people really enjoy using with their synths. I'm probably *least* interested in Flangers, Phasers, or Chorus. Delays/sustainers/loopers could be cool -- esp if they do something sort of novel or odd. I'd love to find a standalone multimode filter of some kind with CV in and out, but that's drifting away from fx pedals more into eurorack territory I suppose. I like distortion, and would a really crazy over the top Fuzz pedal or fx unit. With any of these, CV is a real perk, though I might grab a cheap expression pedal at some point. I like reverb as much as anyone, but I have a ton of decent digital reverbs, so if I were to pay for a reverb unit it'd have to be something kind of special or uniquely rich.</p> <p>Thanks guys. </p> <p><a href="http://www.edwardewald.com/blog">www.edwardewald.com/blog</a></p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/___ee___"> /u/___ee___ </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/maubvj/seeking_recommendations_on_audio_gear_for/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/maubvj/seeking_recommendations_on_audio_gear_for/">[comments]</a></span>

Messages In This Thread
seeking recommendations on audio gear for electronic/synth-oriented home musicians. - by SynthWizard - 03-22-2021, 04:08 PM