Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Long Shot: Any Expert Roland S-550/S-50 Users Out There?
Staff
#1
0
0
Long Shot: Any Expert Roland S-550/S-50 Users Out There?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I want to copy the extensive free S-550 sample libraries onto some good old fashioned floppy disks for use in my Roland S-550. The catch? I use a MacMini with current OS and only vague memories of how to use windows or floppy drivers (I'm by no means a savvy computer-ist, i.e. no windows partitions on my system or anything remotely advanced.) I picked up a cheap USB floppy drive from amazon (Tendak) to test if this is do-able. Right now I'm sitting with a massive zip file of 80 factory banks saved on my desktop. so far so good. I'm waiting on a pack of blank disks to arrive so can't trial-and-error yet but am wondering if I'm missing a step, or if I can just drag these disk images directly to the floppy drive and that's it? I assume I'll need to format the blank disks in the S-550 before attempting to write the samples onto them. Anyone see a missing step that I'm not seeing or potential hiccups? Any input is well appreciated and I thank you all in advance!</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/CoffeePockets"> /u/CoffeePockets </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/jcfxrf/long_shot_any_expert_roland_s550s50_users_out/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/jcfxrf/long_shot_any_expert_roland_s550s50_users_out/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Long Shot: Any Expert Roland S-550/S-50 Users Out There? - by SynthWizard - 10-16-2020, 04:55 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Waves introduce Tracks Live 2.0
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:14 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Guitar Journal: Dumble is back with 3 am...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Cherry Audio Pentaphonic – The Power of ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3