Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Are there any good modern approximations of the 80s Roland chorus in Junos & JX8P ?
Staff
#1
0
0
Are there any good modern approximations of the 80s Roland chorus in Junos & JX8P ?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>The jx8p gets a lot of flack, but I love mine, and I think a large part of why is the chorus. I've never played on any of the classic 80s Rolands, but I assume they have the same or highly similar chorus.</p> <p>I know TAL has a software emulation, which sounds good, but not magical. To me, the chorus in the jx8p takes the kinda thin and muddy sounding oscillators and infuses so much richness and complexity. It's not only the warm stereo smudge I associate with chorus, it also gives so much body. Less smudge and more like a cascading river.</p> <p>I would love to have an effect box capable of that to use with my moderns synths, like my minilogue XD and prophet rev2, whose digital choruses I've never gotten to sound as good.</p> <p>In the sea of chorus pedals and plugins out there, has anyone any tips on chorus pedals that sound similar to the Roland 80s chorus?</p> <p>Sometimes I wonder if I could pay someone to slay my jx8p and only extract the chorus, modding it with input and outputs in a box</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/_j__t_"> /u/_j__t_ </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/jayunp/are_there_any_good_modern_approximations_of_the/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/jayunp/are_there_any_good_modern_approximations_of_the/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Are there any good modern approximations of the 80s Roland chorus in Junos & JX8P ? - by SynthWizard - 10-14-2020, 04:32 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Most simple VCF on earth
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7