Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Combining multiply voices
Staff
#1
0
0
Combining multiply voices

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>This maybe has already been asked and answered here but I’ve been unable to locate it.</p> <p>When 16 (UK GCSE) I took electronics and built a 555 oscillator keyboard. This was 17 years ago and the resources online aren’t what they are now, but I opted for 24 individual circuits with their own chip for each note hoping to create something polyphonic. All the other designs I found used one chip with different variable resistors for different notes.</p> <p>Long story short, I didn’t work. Pressing multiple keys gave me harmonics above both notes played. This is when I realised mixing sounds into one output was out of my reach at the time.</p> <p>I’m now interested in modular synths and want to go down a DIY route. If one wants to combine two sounds (drum and bass for example) how are the two waves combined to make each audible and distinct without them adding together and creating new sounds? Is there a certain type of mixer circuit? Or am I thinking about it all wrong?</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/trumpettongo"> /u/trumpettongo </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/d0i5yx/combining_multiply_voices/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/d0i5yx/combining_multiply_voices/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Combining multiply voices - by SynthWizard - 09-07-2019, 10:14 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0