Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Elektron Digitakt w/Digitone or MPC X/Live w/Digitone for sampling and song creation?
Staff
#1
0
0
Elektron Digitakt w/Digitone or MPC X/Live w/Digitone for sampling and song creation?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Greetings! I’m new to the Digitakt and Digitone but also have an MPC X. I understand that if you are creating music for commercials, TV, and overall songs, you may eventually need to use a DAW to mix it all and export to a client. Here’s my inexperience in the field:</p> <p>Is it smarter (and keeping everything as minimal and productive as possible) to use the amazing customizable samples (and sequencer) of Digitakt and creative synths with Digitone or just eliminate Digitakt and work with the MPC X for the full sampling and marry it with the Digitone? I admit that I don’t know about all of the Elektron family products enough to fully cross over but I have no problem doing so. Change is good and I love digging in for more control and variety of my creations. I enjoy sampling directly into the device to include sounds from a synth.</p> <p>Also, pitch shifting and time stretch in Logic has been amazing in the past. I really just no longer have interest in relying on a computer screen to create and portability/minimalist tools are what I’m after. Elektron seems to have something for everyone. </p> <p>I have a sense that I’m missing something important here to make an informed decision. It’s best to ask for help. Thank you for any experienced suggestions.</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/ZenLandscape"> /u/ZenLandscape </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/f7ldem/elektron_digitakt_wdigitone_or_mpc_xlive/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/modular/comments/f7ldem/elektron_digitakt_wdigitone_or_mpc_xlive/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Elektron Digitakt w/Digitone or MPC X/Live w/Digitone for sampling and song creation? - by SynthWizard - 02-23-2020, 12:35 AM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Bass++ Mods
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:09 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8