Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Beatstep Pro connection question
Staff
#1
0
0
Beatstep Pro connection question

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>Hello all.</p> <p>I've just ordered a Beatstep Pro (BSP) and trying to figure out how I can connect it to everything.</p> <p>I currently have a microKorg, volca beats and volca fm.</p> <p>I know that the BSP sends midi via 3.5mm jack and then need to use a breakout cable to connect it all.</p> <p>For that set up, I'm wondering if I can get away with not using a midi thru box?</p> <p>Am I correct in saying I could use a headphone splitter to connect them taking advantage of the microKorgs midi thru?</p> <p>So it would be BSP -&gt; headphone splitter. Split 1 (breakout cable) -&gt; microKorg (midi in). microkorg midi thru -&gt; volca FM. Split 2 (breakout cable)-&gt; volca beats</p> <p>Does that sound like it would work?</p> <p>Sorry for the convoluted questions.</p> <p>Thanks</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/mimsy89"> /u/mimsy89 </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/efvkrs/beatstep_pro_connection_question/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/efvkrs/beatstep_pro_connection_question/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Beatstep Pro connection question - by SynthWizard - 12-26-2019, 12:10 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:21 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:44 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4