Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Tips on organizing a live set?
Staff
#1
0
0
Tips on organizing a live set?

<!-- SC_OFF --><div class="md"><p>I don't have much time to make music and rarely get around to fleshing out entire tunes. One of the great benefits of live gear is that you can stretch an eight bar loop a lot further. I had the idea to take all my loops and put it in one Ableton set so I can play them all live, but I'm not sure how to organize things effectively. I've realized that some of the best &quot;live&quot; acts primarily play pre-recorded parts from Ableton and have a few live synths for improvising with. And I've also realized that audiences don't really know or care that you are moving a filter cutoff live. They need to see hands on keys to understand what is happening. So what I'm trying to figure out is the right balance of pre-recorded parts and live parts, and how to compile them in a way that will work within a single Ableton set (with ideally 8 tracks at most so everything is accessible from my Push without having to move around in Session view too much). I have two mono synths, a Rev 2, and a TR8S.</p> <p>What would your philosophy be as far as getting a nicely organized set together?</p> </div><!-- SC_ON --> submitted by <a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/-endjamin-"> /u/-endjamin- </a> <br/> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/eeozw9/tips_on_organizing_a_live_set/">[link]</a></span> <span><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/eeozw9/tips_on_organizing_a_live_set/">[comments]</a></span>
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Tips on organizing a live set? - by SynthWizard - 12-23-2019, 07:31 PM

Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
The Best Rotary Mixers And Boutique Mixi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Harley Benton V30UK: Vintage 30 Limited ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:12 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0