Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hardware Maintenance Routines Near Oceans
Staff
#1
0
0
Hardware Maintenance Routines Near Oceans

Incredibly specific question, but does anyone have effective advice on keeping hardware oxidation at bay while living on the windward side of an island w/ high humidity?

I keep my gear in a room on the leeward side of the house w a closed door and dehumidifier. I also schedule an evening every month or so where I very carefully clean jacks, plates, knobs, etc. w/ DeoxIT using cotton swabs.

Just wondering if there’s anything else I could/should be doing. In time, I know the ocean will win, but until then I’d like to do my best to care for the few nice things I have.

submitted by /u/MussReyer
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:34 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:34 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4