Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Percussion track process?
Staff
#1
0
0
Percussion track process?

When I was much younger I could spend all day tweaking drum patterns on an HR-16 but nowadays I have a combination of responsibilities and short attention span that makes it hard to give it that much time. I think the Digitakt compounds the problem because it’s so deep that I get choice paralysis - do I tweak the tuning on this voice, do I put a filter on it, do I download another couple hundred samples to try out?

I’ve always been kind of philosophically opposed to just using loops but at this point it might be the smart thing to do.

Does anyone have any workflow tricks for percussion tracks they want to share? Any recommendations for a drum machine that’s super fast and flowy to work with?

I’m mainly doing soundscapey & dark ambient stuff, so not mainly looking for conventional beats, but I want to add some rhythmic texture bits. Touchstones: Scorn, Robert Rich, Rapoon, Micronaut.

submitted by /u/MrBorogove
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Analogue Solutions ship second Filtopia ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
ADAM Audio introduce the Sub8 PRO & Sub1...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The DMNO ON from UDO Audio
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sound Particles update Energy Panner 2 &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1