Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How to transpose a V/oct signal down an octave? Is it as simple as attenuation?
Staff
#1
0
0
How to transpose a V/oct signal down an octave? Is it as simple as attenuation?

Probably a simple answer here. Epic thread incoming.

I know I could pass the audio signal through a clock divider but that’s not what I’m looking for. I want to transpose the V/oct before it goes into the oscillator. Using the oscillator tuning isn’t an option either.

I guess I want to just subtract an octave, so an attenuator isn’t all I need, right?

Does a multifunction module like Disting or O_C (or Hemispheres?) do this to exactly an octave without tuning by ear?

Beginner question but I ain’t a newbie.

submitted by /u/Earhacker
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
EVE Audio partner with Arturia
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9