Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
System 8 or Deepmind 12?
Staff
#1
0
0
System 8 or Deepmind 12?

Hi all,

I have the opportunity to grab a system 8 for $900. I currently have a Deepmind 12 and I think it’s pretty decent; I was new to the synths and it really made learning about synthesis easy. However, I’m really interested in vintage Roland sounds and hence my interest in the System 8. I know you can achieve the Juno sound through the Deepmind and I definitely have, but something about it isn’t quite as satisfying as the System 8 videos I’ve seen—maybe it’s the filter? I can’t quite explain it. Also, the Deepmind offers so many different types of sounds that I don’t really see myself using...I’m mainly interested in lush vintage pads for indie pop or psych pop music.

My perceived pros of Deepmind: -more voices, more effect/ mod options, two LFO’s, aftertouch

My perceived pros of System 8: -great filter, tons of oscillator possibilities, super accurate Juno and Jupiter sounds

What do you think? Should I pull the trigger and sell the Deepmind, or hang onto it?

submitted by /u/ElmosWorld1243
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Boss launch the EX-4 Effects Expander
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Native Instruments update Maschine
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Finalist 2 from Tim Exile
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Two notes to launch the Captor X Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Antares release AutoTune Advanced
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Expressive E update the Osmose
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Synchro Arts unveil VocAlign 7
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Polyend introduce the Loop
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5